Saturday, July 21, 2007

Ahhh, What a Beautiful Day

I woke up this fine Saturday morning to a very pleasing surprise… I have been awarded the “Thoughtful Blogger Award” by Nesting Mama over at My Nesting Place. I believe she awarded me with this title mainly based on my recommendations for keeping boredom at bay for children by linking my readers to various craft/activity sites.

[thoughtfulbloggerwithbackground.jpg]

I did a little digging to find out just what exactly a "Thoughtful Blogger" is. This is what I found:

· For those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs.
· For the people who take others feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous.
· Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping others bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites.
· This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others

I suppose that I fit into the second and last categories above. I have said it before (in my own head, not aloud or on my blog) that I will NOT be a blogger who ever disrespects my husband, children, friends, fellow bloggers or those who do not live as I choose to live. Nor will I use profane language, use my blog as a political or social springboard or vent my anger towards people in real life that I have not been able to confront/discuss things with. I feel these considerations to be "kind and corteous".

I am not an activist, a political or social advocate and some of my "delights" may be a bit old-fashioned (I recently posted about dreaming of sewing and yes, I love to bake and I do homeschool my children).

I think that mostly this blog is a creative outlet for me. I would be writing even in NO ONE was reading it. That's why reading this blog is truly a "glimpse" into our life (because you are getting bits and pieces of our real, uncensored and at times trying life). When I write about something admirable that I am doing/aspiring to, it always seems to be balanced with a brutally open and honest post about what challenges I am facing (and yes, it is VERY hard for me to admit openly that I give my children cereal and juice for dinner at times!!!).

As for the other part about being rewarded a "blog award"- returning the award to 5 fellow bloggers who I feel are "Thoughtful Bloggers". I feel that is a favor that will be returned eventually, as I do not keep an extensive list of bloggers on my "to read" list and do not want to arbitrarily pass it out to whomever I know.

When I DO give the award of being "thoughtful" I really want to make it count. I promise to be on the lookout for thoughtful bloggers. So, no offense to any of my fellow bloggers, PLEASE (I am also not good with people potentially not liking me...)!

For now, I will enjoy the award for my meager attempts to point people in the direction of crafts, homeshcooling links and enjoyable pastimes. Just the wind in my sails that I needed to finish off my last and final day (Day EIGHT that is) with my husband out-of-town.

1 comment:

Nesting Momma said...

boy, that's good....I like the description and yes I like all your links and ideas about home schooling. Thanks again.