Thursday, June 07, 2012

giving

Today was beautiful and my family worked hard to make it that way. There were spectacular moments mixed amongst the mundane ones. I still washed clothes, prepared meals, swept floors, watered flowers, fluffed pillows, changed diapers, wiped tears, scolded my children, and bathed and bedded a wailing toddler. But these aspects of my life are merely reminders that I am living the full, home-centered life that I am striving to live.

Filled with so much emotion today in regards to friendships and how they too are like little gardens- requiring tending, watering, weeding and pruning. Now I have a daughter who has come of age in that realm and is figuring these truths out for herself as well. So may lesson learned in the teaching of them! For it truly is far better to give than to receive.

  
 

No comments: