Wednesday, January 20, 2010

thinking about

In my heart of hearts I truly wish that I had the opportunity to write in this space daily. But instead I write when I can. When I have a quiet moment. When children are playing in the other room or finishing their breakfast. At times after they have gone to sleep and other times before they are awake for the day.

But I'll take what I can get.

And today all I can manage is a little update and some quiet thoughts.

  • week 24 of my pregnancy has begun. It feels good to be starting my sixth month and to feel this baby's movements getting stronger each week.
  • made the switch to tea. My morning, afternoon and evening cup of tea are treasured moments that symbolize an opportunity to slow down and warm up.
  • my new love grows. A dear friend taught me how to purl on Monday afternoon. I have a baby hat in mind and cannot wait to cast on at the next spare moment of down-time. And now a member of this community.
  • gearing up for the winter session of our homeschool co-op. We'll be spending the afternoons taking Drama and Drawing.
  • giving much thought to spending time one-on-one with each child. Planning to make a special time each week to spend alone with each child. Inspired by this book.
  • hoping for a fresh snowfall very soon.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What tea are you drinking? My sis-in-law gave me some wonderful organic tea for Christmas..you need to come over and have some!

How is the purling going??

Curious about your new book. Can't wait to hear more. Maybe sometime this next week?

Amanda said...

P.S. do any of your kids 'need' drama lessons?

:)