Monday, February 11, 2008

getaway eve

It is here. The eve of our getaway. We will be heading up North tomorrow morning minus our three little dumplings. They will be in very good and nurturing hands make no mistake. I believe that they are all secretly wishing for a bit of spoiling from various family members and there is no doubt in my mind that they will receive it.

I am thinking now about the mental "packing list" that I have created in my head- for us and them. That's three separate packing experiences. Diapers in one. Snow gear in the other. Crib sheets in one. Boots in the other. It's quite mind boggling. Really.

Since it is going to be a relax-to-the-hilt weekend, we have packed a few necessities to achieve that goal. Several books that we've been dying to read, a box of food and wine, some cash to enjoy a fabulous anniversary dinner and several DVDs to enjoy (Mike actually chose to bring Braveheart! Ahhh, my fabulous husband) to enjoy.

Of course let's not forget the huge itinerary that we've planned. We have every hope of trying our hand (or rather, our feet) at snow shoeing, browsing shops and bookstores and being outdoors together.

There will be plenty of photos to share when we return. I can hardly wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Wishing you a restorative, fun, and romantic getaway!

XOXO, Chrissy

Mama Sarita said...

I hope you are having an amazing time together :)

Amanda said...

Have fun! Hope you are staying warm with the snow and rain!! :)