Sunday, November 11, 2012

warm November

With sweaters, mittens and woolens left inside, many of our family members spent the day out-of-doors basking in the unseasonable warmth of the mild November weather that we were blessed with today.

Meanwhile, indoors, macaroons were being baked- an experiment of sorts- with three generations of hands mixing, spreading, spooning and washing. A tasty, wholesome recipe calling for egg whites, shredded coconut (organic, unsweetened), sea salt, vanilla and honey. Just sweet enough!

Looking ahead to 'Week 10' of our homeschool year and making my weekly schedule. On any given Sunday night one may find me sitting with my google documents and a pile of books, as I sort, schedule and shuffle my children's weekly lessons. My aim being to a arrive at a place of  contented balance- just the right blend of living, beautiful, nourishing and just-challenging-enough.

Tonight by my side sits...
Archimedes and the Door of Science by Jeanne Bendick
Augustus Caesar's World by Genevieve Foster
D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths
Iliad Odyssey- A Giant Golden Book*Deluxe Edition

And a little visit to last year's November nature walk to one of the most idyllic photos in my stash!



No comments: