Sunday, August 16, 2009

returning

Just getting in from a few days away in spent in this amazing coastal city.

Our house is stuffy and hot from being shut up for days on end. Our garden is beaten down and thirsty. There is sand in our car, our shoes and our bags. We took in entirely too much sun. We all ate lots of fried food at a lobster shack over looking the ocean. The children stayed up way past their bedtime. I got to attend a very special party. We returned with buckets full of sea shells and smooth stones. Got to visit with an old college friend. And ignored my children for the better part of the time spent traveling in the car to read this book.
I'm content to be back at home and can't wait to settle back into the rhythm of our home-life despite our wonderful time spent away. I promise to share more about our trip to Maine this week. I took nearly three-hundred photos and cannot wait to share the best in this space in the days to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had a good weekend. Can't wait to talk to you and see all the pictures!
Bethany

daniele @ domestic serenity said...

WOW!! You got to meet Amanda & go to the book signing?....wonderful! sounds like a fun trip, looking forward to pics.

Anonymous said...

Man oh Man!! You got to meet Amanda!! I just bought her book yesterday and I know you MUST be loving Julia and Julie!! What an awesome summer for you. Can't wait to hear!
xo
mb